NOV 13 2018
ESS: Reading Comprehension
OBJ: SWBAT describe why cuneiform was an improvement in writing
OPENER: What made cuneiform different than pictographs? Look on 3.3 Guided Reading you did yesterday!
TURN IN HOMEWORK - Staple Challenge Activity to worksheet!
What is a message you could send with JUST emojis?
Now, make symbols for these words:
love school pizza friends dog games
homework dislike potato
Don't make them too complicated - easy enough to make quickly
- Cuneiform - What is it, and time to make some!
- Think of a 1 sentence message to someone (in English).
- Now, decide on symbols for words (not individual letters). Include more words than you use in your sentence.
- Using you pencil, press into the Play-Doh and write it!
- Give your list of symbols and the clay to a neighbor, and see if they can translate it!
- EXIT QUESTION: How are our pictographs different than cuneiform? How does that make the language more difficult to write?
- HOMEWORK: None!